Lafayette Art & Wine Festival, Saturday Sept 20 & Sunday Sept 21 – Admission FREE
“Best of the East Bay” Lafayette Art and Wine Festival, Sept 20 and Sept 21, is considered the Bay Area’s most popular End of the Summer Party.
The annual Lafayette Art & Wine Festival is thriving as a growing regional event, attracting nearly four-times the town’s 24,000 population during the Festival weekend each September and consistently voted by readers of Diablo Magazine as, “Best of the East Bay.”
The 2014 Lafayette Art & Wine Festival will be held on Saturday, September 20 (10am-7pm) and Sunday, September 21 (10am-6pm) in Lafayette, CA.
Here are 8 top reasons why this Festival is considered by many to be the Bay Area’s favorite End of the Summer Party:
1. LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION. The Festival is held in the heart of beautiful downtown Lafayette at one of the best times of the year, just steps from the Lafayette BART station, a few blocks from the Lafayette-Moraga bike trail (secure valet bike parking provided), two blocks off Highway 24, and an easy walk or shuttle from complimentary Festival parking.
2. CONTINUOUS MUSIC & DANCING – with NO COVER CHARGE. 2 Days. 4 Stages. Room to dance to familiar tunes played by 20 of the Bay Area’s best headliner cover bands, including The Sun Kings, Foreverland, Aja Vu, Petty Theft, Stealin’ Chicago, Zebop, The Spazmatics, The Big Jangle, East Bay Mudd, Night Moves, Bay Bridge Beat, Duo Gadjo, Other People’s Money, Juice, Bob Athayde & Friends, Acoustic S&M, Juke Joint, Red House All Stars, and Dominant 7.
VOTE for Your Favorites! “Best of the Festival” Band Contest, voted on by Festival attendees via text – and voters can win great prizes, too.
Click here to view the complete list of bands and when they are playing.
3. UNIQUE WINE & BEER OFFERINGS at THE PARTY WITHIN THE PARTY. Popular wines, beers and ales are served throughout the Festival footprint, but the real action for connoisseurs happens in the Premium Wine & Craft Beer Pavilion, where there are selections of high-end wines and craft beer that most people never get a chance to taste, including wines from the backyard vineyards of Lamorinda.
4. FOOD: CHOICE IS EVERYWHERE, INCLUDING LAFAYETTE’S RESTAURANT ROW FARE. More than 20 of Lafayette’s top restaurants are in the Festival’s footprint plus there are dozens of other food vendors and Food Trucks that offer everything from pulled pork tacos to crab cakes.
5. ORIGINAL FINE ART & CRAFTS. People from all over the Bay Area come to shop at the Festival’s 260+ local and regional artists booths, including the “Local Artists Alley” which showcases Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda fine artists who are members of the Lafayette Gallery and Lamorinda Arts Alliance.
6. NEW THIS YEAR – LIVE ART! Listen – and watch! Local artists will be creating original art pieces to the rhythms of the Fiesta Lane Art Stage band music. Like what you see? You can buy it! Proceeds from the sale of this art will go to support Meals on Wheels.
7. FAMILY and DOG FRIENDLY. People move to Lafayette for the family friendly lifestyle, so it’s no surprise that this is a family friendly festival, starting with a large KID-ZONE. New for 2014 – an interactive “Punch & Judy” style puppet show! There is also plenty for family dogs to see and smell, as well as easy access to Festival water bowls!
8. BUDGET FRIENDLY. This event is a fundraiser that supports the Lafayette Chamber’s many programs, Lafayette Partners in Education (“LPIE”), and other local non-profits, but attendees don’t have to spend. The Festival Experience offers many things that are free — admission (including access to music stages), parking, easy shuttle service from Festival Parking, and secure bike valet.
For complete Lafayette Art & Wine Festival details, go to http://www.lafayettefestival.com.
ABOUT THE LAFAYETTE ART & WINE FESTIVAL ORGANIZERS AND SPONSORS
1. The Lafayette Art & Wine Festival is an annual event that promotes Lafayette’s Downtown and raises money for local education, the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce and many other local non-profit organizations.
2. The event is produced by the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the City of Lafayette and Eckerstrom Productions.
3. This event is sponsored by Sungevity, Xfinity, BMW Concord, La Fiesta Square, NBC Bay Area, Diablo Foods, Sutter Health Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, MinuteMan Press Lafayette, Contra Costa Times, Bank of the West, Chevron, C&M Party Props, Special Events, Whole Foods, Wine Thieves, BART, Goose Island Brewery, Diablo Magazine, Lamorinda Publishing, Red House Studios, Lamorinda Web, Douglas Parking, Champlin Wireless Communications, AMR, Central Self Storage, Lucas Paving, EBMUD, Lamorinda CERT, Rotary Club of Lafayette, Lamorinda Sunrise Rotary Club, 92.1 KKDV, The Cooperage American Grille, Dino Riggio & Associates, and Oakwood Athletic Club.
A special thank-you goes out to Lafayette Chamber’s Premier Members: Diablo Foods, Oakwood Athletic Club, Douglah Designs, Inc, Mechanics Bank, and Wells Fargo.